Lower Juniors - 2018/19
Spring Term 2018
Welcome to the Spring Term! This term, in the Lower Juniors, we are exploring the theme of ‘Splendiferous Stories’, all of our learning will be based around Roald Dahl.
This term we are going to study the following things:
- Learning about Roald Dahl and his various forms of writing
- Making a pop-up book in DT
- Studying the style of Quentin Blake and sketching in that style
- Understanding the history of modern music linked to Roald Dahl’s books
- Making compositions to fit with a Roald Dahl text
- Year 3: In Science studying forces and magnets
- Year 4: In Science studying electricity
- Year 3: In Computing understanding simple programming
- Year 4: In Computing using technology to study the weather
- Year 3: In French practising more verbal phrases and things around us
- Year 4: In French developing writing skills using French
- In P.E. we will be developing our netball skills, learning a dance and using Real P.E. to develop our basic skills and agility
- Studying the importance of the Trinity within Christianity
- In PSHE we will be thinking about relationships and our health and well-being
- To understand the Christian Values of Respect and Generosity
The staff and children are looking forward to an exciting and productive term!
We would also like to take this opportunity to let you know about the Homework arrangements for the Spring Term and these are outlined below.
Times tables should be learnt as homework for weekly tests.
Spellings are set on Friday and will be tested the following Friday.
Children are expected to read at home five times a week. House Points will be awarded for children reaching reading targets for three weeks in a row. All the children benefit from reading to an adult who can help them with words that they mispronounce or that they don’t understand or by asking them questions about the text.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mrs Brennen, Mrs Harden, Mr Turver, Mr Minter, Miss Plant