Year 2 to Year 3 Transition Meeting - 19/07/17
Please click the button below to view the Year 2 to Year 3 transition meeting presentation.
Lower Juniors - 2016/17
Welcome to the Summer Term and a new curriculum theme! This term, in the Lower Juniors, we are exploring the theme of ‘Fabulous Fiction/Inspiring Authors’
This term we are also hoping to cover the following things:
- Learning about changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Evaluating, designing and creating clay sculptures
- Making pop-up books in DT
- Developing sketching skills by sketching nature in our local area
- Year 3: In Science studying Plants, Animals and Humans
- Year 4: In Science studying All Living Things, Animals and Humans
- Year 3: In Computing becoming presenters using key features on Microsoft Office programs
- Year 4: In Computing becoming software developers and toy designers
- Year 3: In French we are learning names of members of the family, the alphabet, household item names, basic prepositions, names of snacks, number names from 21-31 and months of the year.
- Year 4: In French we are learning to describe the weather, describing locations, naming foods, stating costs of items, describing and naming clothing and naming colours.
- Year 3: In RE studying the key features of Judaism
- Year 4: In RE studying the key features of Buddhism and Sikhism
- Year 3: In PSHE studying Being with Other People, Strengths and Weaknesses, Life Cycles: Me, Myself and I, Keeping safe: Personal space, Identifying risk and People who can help me
- Year 4: In PSHE Staying Healthy, Being with Other People, Online technology safety: Photos of myself online, Online technology safety: Taking care online – who can help us?, Lifecycles: Growing up and getting older, My body: Sexual body parts – male, My body: Sexual body parts – female
- In P.E. we will be refining our skills in REAL PE, tennis, rounders, kwik cricket and improving our athletic performance
- Exploring and understanding the Christian Values of Peace and Compassion
The staff and children are looking forward to an exciting and productive term!
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of the Homework arrangements which will continue for the Summer Term and these are outlined below.
Homework set every three weeks on Thursday to be handed in by the following Thursday.
Times tables should be learnt as homework as often as possible for weekly tests.
Spellings are set on Friday and will be tested the following Friday.
Children are expected to read at home five times a week. House Points will be awarded for children reaching reading targets for three weeks in a row. All the children benefit from reading to an adult who can help them with words that they mispronounce or that they don’t understand or by asking them questions about the text.
Thank you for your continued support.
Mr Cranfield, Mrs Hopkins, Mr Turver, Mr Minter, Miss Plant
The Lower Junior Department