Welcome to the Heathlands Parents Association (PTA)
The PTA has been an active and integral part of the school community for many years. In its time the PTA has raised thousands of pounds, which has been spent on equipment and resources to enrich our children’s experience at primary school.
In the past, thanks to the amazing fundraising efforts of our school community, we were delighted to be able to support / pay for:
- The Infant Climbing Frame and Toys
- Junior Playground Equipment
- 200 Barrington Stoke Books (supporting pupils with dyslexia/visual stress)
- New Lunch Box Trolley (requested by the school council)
- Purple Mash (Whole school and home use computer scheme)
- KS1 & KS2 100 Reads’ Reading Books
- Uppers “Oscar” Evening Support
- Forrest School – Sessions and Resources
- Nick Butterworth – Author Visit & Workshop
- Mexicolore Workshop
- Sports Equipment
- “Proms 4 Praise” at the Royal Albert Hall (event for 60 children)
However, the PTA is about much more than simply fundraising. The PTA exists to provide closer links between home and school, and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents, and friends together socially in support of the school, working towards a common goal. All parents and members of our school community are encouraged to get involved, even if they only have a small amount of time available.
The PTA is extremely conscious of the ethos and diversity of our school, and we try very hard when organising and planning events to respect this. Not all our events are run as fundraisers.
Our current committee members are:
Jo Beck firstname.lastname@example.org
Kielye Mitchell email@example.com
Kathryn Heard firstname.lastname@example.org
Misty Newton email@example.com
Helen Hobbs firstname.lastname@example.org
Derek Mitchell email@example.com
Christmas Cards Rachel Breame & Sammy Jayne Dobson
Raffle Carrie-Ann Swinger
Uniform Sue Fairs
If you would like to find out more about the PTA or join our team of volunteers, please speak with one of the committee members or drop us an email. You can also contact us on our Facebook page.