What to do if your child is ill
If your child is not well enough to attend school please let the office know by phone on 01206 240288 prior to morning registration, 8.55am with a short description of the reason for absence. There is an answer phone so messages can be left at any time selecting Option 1.
Please ensure that your child is fully recovered before returning to school. In cases of diarrhoea and vomiting illness it is necessary to have at least 48 hours from the last episode of diarrhoea or vomiting before returning to school to avoid passing bugs to others. The school can advise on communicable diseases. Further advice can be obtained by contacting the School Health Advisor.
Medication at School
- Only prescribed medication can be administered.
- In the case of oral antibiotics, only those which have been prescribed for use four times daily (three times daily and twice daily doses cannot be administered).
- Medication to be administered must be clearly labelled with the child’s name and class.
- Liquid medication must be given to the office in a syringe containing the correct measured dose.
- Parents must complete and sign the school’s request to administer medication form.
- Medicines will be stored in the school office.
- A responsible adult must bring medicines to the school office.
- The School Office store paracetemol for emergency use only and will only be administered following telephone consent obtained from the child's parent.