Our School Council is a group of pupils meeting weekly to discuss how they can make a difference to Heathlands school life. The School Council is a big commitment: class representatives are the voice between their class and the wider school community. Pupils express their concerns and suggestions on how school
Our School Council representatives are elected by the pupils at Heathlands annually and consist of one pupil from each class starting in Year 1 all the up to Year 6.
It is not just our school community that pupils work on - local and national projects are of equal importance. For example:
- supporting charities such as Colchester Foodbank during Harvest time
- hosting the annual Pudsey Ramble for Children In Need
- tackling loneliness with a local councilllor
- designing Speed Awareness posters
- campaigning for more drinking fountains in the playgrounds and a greater variety of school meals.